Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Gorilla Tracking (Part 2)

I realize yesterday I talked a lot about the experience of tracking gorillas without actually showing a whole lot, so today I would like to remedy that oversight.  After reviewing the more than 600 photos I took during the one hour visit with the gorillas I selected a few of my favorites.  I hope you enjoy:

As I mentioned, we did our trek in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest:
Our lodge was within the Bwindi National Park itself, and as you can see it was very reminiscent of Gorillas in the Mist:

By the time we began our hike though it was bright, sunny and very hot out… and then we had to walk up all these hills.  In the middle (the darker trees vs the lighter hills) you see what is called the Heart of Uganda:

My very first glimpse of a gorilla:
Here is the youngest baby gorilla of the family we visited:
And one of the other babies:
When you complete your gorilla tracking experience successfully you “graduate” with a certificate of completion from the Uganda Wildlife Association (UWA).  I didn’t do this for the extra credential, but I’m definitely hanging this next to my Ducktorate from Disney University and my Bachelors from Hopkins.  However, I haven’t quite figured out what letters I should add to the end of my name.  EGT (Expert Gorilla Tracker) perhaps?:

No comments:

Post a Comment